pretty tired of seeing this hair trope on asian characters
EDIT: because three examples wasn’t enough for some of you:
Why is this a thing?
As soon as I saw this post I thought about Mei Melancon as Psylocke in X-men: The Last Stand
but really. why is this even a trope?anyone know the origin of this?
As an east asian woman with blue hair, i am probably not the right person to be complaining about this trope, but whatever, this is the Internet.
I think the theme stems from a few places:
- to let the white ppl know a) sometimes asians aren’t just “submissive china dolls” cue the shock and horror, and b) that this particular character is cool and quirky and not like all the other boring no-name asians
- to further exoticize and other the character from the probably all-white cast
- in the EXTREMELY unlikely event there are two asian women in the cast, the people in charge don’t want the white people in the audience to be confused with who is who and since all asians look the same, they have to give one of them weird hair
I have never noticed this thing but it is SUCH a THING!
Just a crazy 22 year old red head living in Southern CA, who loves het, slash, fem-slash, non-pairings, and other crap. Call me Bren if you need a name for me.
WARNING: Multi-shipper, Music Lover, Random, wannabe artist/author... also like porn so that might show up occasionally
WOMEN ARE TAKING NONE OF THIS SHIT AND ARE STANDING TOGETHER I FUCKING LOVE IT
also thank u to some boys for helping too
Do not EVER worry that your vagina is too “loose”. Seriously. Vaginas are made to naturally expand in depth and width when you get aroused and contract when you’re not. They also get slippery when you’re aroused, which allows things to slide in more comfortably.
If you have a vagina, see how many fingers you can comfortably fit while aroused and then again sometime when you’re not even remotely turned on. No matter how much you stretch it during sex, it will always go back to your baseline size afterward.
Sometimes if you stretch it a lot it can take a day or two to return to its usual size. But even if you use the biggest vibrator in the sex shop every single day for thirty years, a couple of days after the last time you use it your vagina will be just as small as it was before you used it the first time.
Women push actual babies through that hole and are able to enjoy penetration afterward (even without the “husband stitch” which can make penetration very painful). Your vagina is muscle tissue designed to stretch and contract. It is not a t-shirt that won’t fit anymore after you lend to your big muscular friend.
If you wish you were tighter just because it feels good to be stretched, the sensation you want can also be achieved by strengthening your internal muscles by pracitising clamping down. It won’t make your vagina smaller, but it may help increase enjoyable sensations during penetration.
Most importantly, though — Sex is a collaboration. If your partner decides to shame you for sex that wasn’t great? DROP THAT ASSHOLE. Sometimes having great sex requires creativity to help everyone have sensations they enjoy. It’s an adventure you’re having together, not a performance you’re putting on for someone.
Your body is wonderful and fantastic and if you are using it to have a good time with someone they should honour you for that. Sex isn’t about them using your body, it’s about both of you using your own bodies together to have fun together.
why do the good die young
I read this out loud to boyfriend and he just went “ohhhhhhhhh”
CEOs all runnin around terrified of blue shells from the homeless
And I’ve experienced every single one of these.
BUT FOR SERIOUS THE SECOND QUESTION.
so apparently the risk management people at my university have told my political science professor that his tardis door is in violation of blah blah blah because “people might think police are actually available in his office”
okay, tamuc. okay.
y’all omfg i am so done. i went by his office this morning and he’s added all of this to his bulletin board:
British Tumblr Posts photoset #2
Want to see more country Photosets?
did SNL hire a bunch of new black writers or something this year
Just your daily reminders:
Racists are a problem
White people are not
Homophobes are a problem
Straight people are not
Transphobes are a problem
Cis people are not
Sexists are a problem
Men are not
And most importantly,
Hating an innocent person solely because of their race, sexuality, or gender makes you a fucking asshole
Just some actual daily reminders:
- All white people do racist things without being aware they are
- All straight people do homophobic things without being aware that they are.
- All Cis people do transphobic things without being aware that they are.
- All men do sexist things without being aware that they are.
- Saying things like ‘some men’, ‘some cis people’ absolves the blame of individuals and only seeks to comfort those with privilege and power.
- When a post says ‘some X’, the X will always assume that they are not because THEY ARE NOT AWARE.
And most importantly,
- It’s called metonymy, when anyone who is oppressed makes an exasperated statement like ‘i hate straight people’, they are substituting straight people for the concept of a system and a culture that teaches, incentives, and legitimizes homophobic acts and normalizes homophobic acts so that straight people constantly do honophobic things without realizing it and that’s really fucking annoying.
And just as important,
- The concept of sjws dehumanizes marginalized people and categorizes them as an ‘angry and emotional’ stereotype and only adds to the oppression of marginalized people under the guise of being ‘fair’, while the only thing you are doing is cushioning privileged people from their own ignorance and privilege.
And to finalize:
- Everyone is guilty of internalized -isms, and the longer you spend denying this instead of accepting and unlearning your thought patterns and behavior, the longer you will actually be part of the problem.
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS
With over 150 votes, this was the top tutorial request and now you can watch the tutorials on creating clothing wrinkles and fabric folding!
Disney fans trying to explain the difference between Rapunzel/Anna/Elsa/Honey Lemon’s designs like:
AND SHE’S BRUCE WAYNE’S COUSIN